Bathroom Pull Cord Switch for Extractor & Light, FCU?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Sorry Im being greedy and asking 2 for the price of 1.... First isn't technical though... :LOL:
I am looking to fit a Non-Timed extractor into my bathroom above shower. I would like this switched via a pull cord BUT do not want 2 Cords in bathroom... Ideally I would like a dual pull switch that pulls once for light and double for light and fan then three for off.... Does this exist or have I just invented it??????!!!! Or is there a ceiling mount with double cord?
Second question, if I get my switch do I need a FCU? Will I need one no matter what? Can this be fitted in aircupboard next to bathroom?
I intend to spur from lighting circuit. The bathroom light also feeds onto spare room.
I work better from diagrams.....
Really appreciate all advise/ assistance and help

Sponsored Links
If it is within the zone 1 of the shower then you will need to have a SELV fan, if in zone 2 then it needs to be suitable for the conditions where it is mounted, IPx4 minimum or IPx5 if you use jets for cleaning.
I don't think they make a double pull cord or a 3 click one which you describe.
If the manufacturer specifies a 3A fuse for the fan then you need to have one fitted, I have fitted similar and like to fit them above the door. Also include a switch so it can be turned off to clean the fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back