bathroom pull cord light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

I seem to have yet another problem in my house-are they never ending?? :(

I have a pull cord light switch in my bathroom. The light switch works both the light and the extractor fan. There is an isolation switch for the fan but that is currently switched on so the fan should come on when the light comes on.

The problem: When the light cord is pulled-it clicks-the light quickly flashes on then straight off or does nothing and the extractor fan does not work at all.

Do I need a new pull cord switch and if I do is it a particular type I need for this set-up?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Annette

Sponsored Links
it may be a loose connection or a worn-out switch.

they are not expensive so just buy a new one (MK or Crabtree, not one of the cheap ones). You want an ordinary pull-cord light switch, rated at 6Amps. should cost less than £5
p2435338_l.jpg

have a careful look at your old one so you can buy one that seems the same. If it is old, see if you can buy a round pattress as used with some ceiling lamp battenholder fittings in case you need it to make a neat job (will only cost you 30p or something so no harm done if not required)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back