Bathroom Light and Extractor fan on same pull switch.

Why? It's not poison.

Agreed, it isn't but steam in small bathrooms leads to condensation which causes paint finishes to fail, eg mould building up or paint flaking.

It might be less of a problem in warmer countries such as Portugal, but I really am surprised that when you lived here you never witnessed the effects of warm moist air hitting colder surfaces. Based on your previous answers, you are one of the fellow contributors that I defer to, however on this occasion. I respectfully stand by my assertion that moist air coming in to contact with colder surfaces is far from ideal.

If I didn't explain the thrust of my point, then I humbly apologise...

Sponsored Links
Agreed, it isn't but steam in small bathrooms leads to condensation which causes paint finishes to fail, eg mould building up or paint flaking.
Ok. It sounds as if you might have more fundamental problems.
Unless your home is not adequately ventilated and/or is excessively humid, then finish bath, leave door (and window if there is one) open and the condensation should be gone in ten minutes or so.

It might be less of a problem in warmer countries such as Portugal,
I wasn't talking about Portugal.

but I really am surprised that when you lived here you never witnessed the effects of warm moist air hitting colder surfaces.
I have but after the bath was finished it disappeared.

Based on your previous answers, you are one of the fellow contributors that I defer to,
Thank you - but not this time?

however on this occasion. I respectfully stand by my assertion that moist air coming in to contact with colder surfaces is far from ideal.
It is impossible to prevent.

If I didn't explain the thrust of my point, then I humbly apologise...
There is no need to apologise - humbly or otherwise.

You said "Surely, when bathing, the fan should be running given the steam generated?". I would say that is not so - unless there are other problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back