Bathroom Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I'm back again talking about my bathroom light project :oops:

This project is tiny; install a pull cord and 2 lights. I'm going to be pulling the ceiling down so I will get full access/visabilty of the joists etc.

My question; How hard can this be? Although electrics scare me I do have basic intelligence. Am I underestimating the complexity of this job and should get a qualified sparks in?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
I would agree.

I'm assuming the existing light is central to the room so the cables (up to three sets) will all need to be moved and extended. Generally, this is not something that a DIY'er would have the kit/experience to do properly (ie not using junction boxes!)

Good luck with the rest of the work!

SB

Sponsored Links
If you are not simply replacing like for like, it would be illegal for you to just do the work yourself. You have to notify your LABC before you start. They would probably want to charge you about £300 (mine charges this).

It would be 1) cheaper to pay an electrician do this 2) safer because you are not quite sure how to do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back