bathroom lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a split load consumer unit and the shower pump,fan and heated illuminated mirror are connected to the rcd side. Is it required under the 17th edition regs to have the lights connected to the rcd side, the ceilings 2.4m high.
I've also read that under 17th ed regs supplementary bonding is not required if all circuits in the bathroom are rcd protected but will it cause a problem if it's left in place.

Sponsored Links
I currently have a split load consumer unit and the shower pump,fan and heated illuminated mirror are connected to the rcd side. Is it required under the 17th edition regs to have the lights connected to the rcd side, the ceilings 2.4m high. .

If your working to the 17th then yes, if your working to the 16th (old instal) and correct supplementary bonding is done then no.

I've also read that under 17th ed regs supplementary bonding is not required if all circuits in the bathroom are rcd protected but will it cause a problem if it's left in place.

Subject to test, rcd circuit protection means that supplementary is not required in most instances.

I see no reason why correctly installed sup bond would cause issue with an rcd protected circuit.

Is it required under the 17th edition regs to have the lights connected to the rcd side
Yes, for new installations - no requirement to bring existing ones up to 17th compliance.

I've also read that under 17th ed regs supplementary bonding is not required if all circuits in the bathroom are rcd protected
If the place that you read that didn't also say that there is more to it than that then you should stop reading there.

but will it cause a problem if it's left in place.
No.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back