bathroom lighting

Correct - so not as simple as "Extra-low voltage lighting installations are a special installations, regardless of room."

Sponsored Links
SCHEDULE 4 Descriptions of Work where no Building Notice or Deposit of Full Plans Required

2. Work which—
(a)is not in a kitchen, or a special location;
(b)does not involve work on a special installation;

I have read that, I deduce from that any work that is carried out as 2(a) or involves 2(b) is non-notifiable.
So work in kitchens, special locations and installations are notifiable.
A special installation would apply to installing an ELV light that is not pre-assembled and CE marked.

Correct - so not as simple as "Extra-low voltage lighting installations are a special installations, regardless of room."
So I am back here now.
A replacement is a replacement.

You can replace a light with any other type of light.

Extra-low voltage lighting installations can be a special installations

so if that is the case you can not replace any type of light with another type and deem it non-notifiable.

Sponsored Links
Why not?

If it's a replacement it's a replacement.

Have you really never, at some point, seen me or another explain how Schedule 4 works, i.e. you start at the top and then stop when you find a match?

Replacements are exempted before you get to considerations of special installations.

Actually - you have seen that.

You were active in this topic: //www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/going-self-employed.303940/

Read Schedule 4. You start at the top with the position that the work is notifiable, because that's how the law works - it does not define what is notifiable, it defines what is not.

Read down the list - if you find a match, stop - the work is not notifiable.

If you reach the end without finding a match then the work remains notifiable.

And this one: //www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/part-p-question.305779/
shedbang - basically you stop reading down Schedule 4 as soon as you find a match with the work you are doing. It's only if you get to the end without finding a match that the work remains notifiable.

:evil:

I is on my ignore list, so I that's me not I. don't get to read their fascinating posts. I that's I not me, is not on ignore intentional but by accident, as I that's me not I, have not yet cancelled that instruction, that I that's me not I made by error.
So Would I that's me or even I,
read schedules 1, 2 then 3 before arriving at 4, if that is the logical process?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back