Bathroom lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i installed 4 lo-vo spots in bathroom, one was ip rated for above shower. They are all 12v 50w Halolite units running off a 210va Halolite transformer.
They have been running fine for 7 months but now stopped working. I have changed all 4 bulbs, checked wiring to lampholders, checked fuse at cu. Checked fuse in grid switch but all ok. My only guess now would be the transformer but its only 7 months old! Is there an overheat/overload switch
that can be reset? There is plenty of clearance around fittings in loft as i moved all insulation away. Any advice please?

Thanks,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
check its input and out put voltages with a meter

if the input is fine and the out put isnt diss the lights then check again, if still no joy, time to get a new transformer

Dont forget that some transformers do not output anything unless there's a load on it.

I hate to suggest it but it could be your wiring.
There's quite high currents on the 12v side and it soon sorts out dodgy terminations...

Edit, is that grid switch a dimmer? if so, short out the switch - could be that...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back