Bathroom Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Need a steer please. Just installing a built in shower and want to ideally put some led low voltage lights in the shower ceiling. This is zone 1. What I want to do is leave the main bathroom lighting alone as that’s not zone 1 or zone 2 and it works fine via the pull switch. The shower runs from a pump and operated via a pull switch and what I would like to do is connect a transformer in parallel and run either a low voltage light in the shower ceiling or install some led lights like a "meteor" spray. Objective is to only have the light come on in the shower when someone actually wants a shower. Is this possible please and is there such thing as some sort of kit that can be used eg like the standard low voltage lighting transformer for a pair or LED lights. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You really need to talk to an electrician. What you are doing comes under "PART P" of the building regulations and should be notified to the planning department. You will need a certificate of compliance for all electrical work in the bathroom.

Just installing a built in shower and want to ideally put some led low voltage lights in the shower ceiling. This is zone 1.
By far and away the easiest way to comply with Part P is to comply with BS 7671, the Wiring Regulations, and they do not permit the use of low voltage lights in Zone 1.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks, I am now thinking I will leave all the lights as they are today cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back