Bathroom Lock on bi-fold sliding door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've installed a bi-fold door (with a sliding track at top) in a toilet to save space.

I need some help with the choice of locks that are possible here.

I found these from a US site but don't know if they do these locks in the UK:
http://www.bicsuperstore.com/Schlag...fic_src=GB&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=GB&id=uk

I am inclined to buy one but not sure about the width of the lock as the depth of my bi-fold sliding door is 29mm.

Could someone please advise on this/ any other alternative?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi DC77

That is quite expensive compared to what I proposed? Also its not clear if it can be opened from outside in an emergency.

Did you advise this one as the pocket door sliding locks from US are not suitable for use in UK?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have no knowledge of the Schlage lock. I know the Union range and have fitted claw locks. The opening of this version is controlled by the use of suitable door furniture, inside a thumbturn and outside something like a 2p coin.
It looks as though the Schlage lock will do the job but to me it seems a little weak and could be pulled open quite easily by someone keen to use the toilet. How much will it be by the time it reaches the UK ?
I hope this helps.
Let us know how you get on.
DC
Teamlocksmiths.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back