Bathroom mirror Fluorescent bulbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a bathroom mirror with two fluorescent bulbs. One of the bulbs is not working so I bought a new bulb. New bulb also didnt work, so after swapping bulbs and starters, I have now narrowed it down to the transformer.
The manufacturer seems to be "AD". Type is T2 Z-P130.
The bulb is a T5 13W/827.
Markings on the transformer is 230V 50hz 0.165A, TW120 DT55, 8-10-13W.

I have had a look on the internet but cannot find anything identical. Can anyone help to track one of these down ?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You need a 13 watt BALLAST. Its not a transformer (well, it is, sort of, but enough of the technicalities, you need a ballast)

I take it there are two of these ballasts in the fitting?

Are you sure this is a T5 unit with starters? T5 fittings should have high frequency ballasts.

A new ballast can be obtained as above.

However if there is enough space, a cheaper and easier option could be to remove the existing ballast and lamp holders, and fit two of these complete units inside the mirror:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/d220/sd3066/p69834

You need a 13 watt BALLAST. Its not a transformer (well, it is, sort of, but enough of the technicalities, you need a ballast)

I take it there are two of these ballasts in the fitting?

Yes, one for each bulb.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Markings on the transformer is 230V 50hz 0.165A,

That sounds like a choke for a switch/start fitting.

A tridonic EC 13 will do the job although physical size may be different.
It can be used for T5 and T8 13watt tubes.

13 watt T5 tubes were out long before the days of H/F electronic ballasts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back