bathroom mirror with integral light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a mirror with led backlight (It was a sale bargain!) for the bathroom. It is IP 44 rated. I would need to fit it in zone 2. I have a split load c.u. (fitted about 2001).
If I connect the mirror to a socket outside of the bathroom which itself is connected to a mcb protected by the rcd, will this be in compliance with 17th edition?
My original intention was to remove the attached transformer and move it to another location outside of the bathroom thus only having lv to the mirror. Unfortunately the xfrmer is hot melt glued to the back of the glass.

Sponsored Links
You will find that the mirror light will need to be down fused from the socket outlet, so a fused connection unit will be needed.
If the installation was to comply to BS7671:2008(17th eds) would really depend on a number of things. The method of installation you would be using, permitted safe zones of cable, the cable size, the fuse rating, inspection procedure, testing. To name a few.
Whether it needs to be notified is another issue!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back