Bathroom mixer Tap head slipping - can’t work out how to tighten?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may be a bit of a daft/easy question so you’ve been warned...

Our visitors were a bit rough with our bathroom taps and the head seems to be slipping now. By that I mean that the hot water turns on okay (turn through 90 degrees is full “on”), but when you come to turn it off, it moves past the “off” position and the water still isn’t off. It takes a bit of fiddling back and forth gently to get the tap to turn off. I’m concerned this is only going to get worse.

I went to fix it expecting to find a grub screw at the back to tighten, but there’s nothing external to the tap. Question now is how do I go about fixing this?

thanks for any help in advance

Attachments

• 6D3FB02C-CBC2-483D-B8D4-83BF1DDBC233.jpeg
    6D3FB02C-CBC2-483D-B8D4-83BF1DDBC233.jpeg
    16.1 KB · Views: 277
Sponsored Links
If there’s no grub screw, I would think it just pulls off. The issue will either be the head underneath, or a plastic bit inside perished.

If there’s no grub screw, I would think it just pulls off. The issue will either be the head underneath, or a plastic bit inside perished.
Cool, thank you, I’ll give it a go later. I didn’t want to get to brute force without checking what was best first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back