Bathroom oil radiator + timer switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I have a oil filled radiator in the bathroom which is driven by a fused switch on its on ring.

Its temperature drive, and I would like to dictate its time of operation.

The radiator is around 75cm from the bath with the fused switch on the other side of a brick wall.

Any ideas of a timer (such as a central heating timer) that could be used? Its location would have to be either on the surface mount junction box in the bathroom or located in the fusebox cupboard.

Thanks

Imp

Sponsored Links
Your heater is just outside of zone 2, so you should be OK to mount the timer on a surface box next to the radiator if necessary. As the heater is fed off the ring it would require a new dedicated cable run to the fusebox if you want the timer located there. My personal preference would be to mount a timer in place of the existing fused connection unit outside the bathroom, how about one of these?

Wow, thats top class!

One bad thing...... being really picky, I have just chased the fused switch on the other side of the wall - into the wall so its flush (like a light switch)

Could I use this in the bathroom on the surface mount box and then use a blanking plate to replace the fused switch on the other side of the wall (would have to replace the original fused switch with a blanking plate to indicate theres a feed running to that point correct?)

Thanks for your quick reply!

Imp

Sponsored Links
impossible said:
Could I use this in the bathroom on the surface mount box and then use a blanking plate to replace the fused switch on the other side of the wall (would have to replace the original fused switch with a blanking plate to indicate theres a feed running to that point correct?)

Yes, that's correct. Just make sure the timer stays in zone 3 or beyond, at 750mm from the bath you will be fine, assuming the timer wont be located within 600mm radius of the sink/shower/etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back