Bathroom Plywood floor before Vinyl questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just a few quick questions.

Got a tiny bathroom (1.7mx1.2m floor space) and I am putting a vinyl floor on it. I have got some 6mm exterior Plywood cut into 2 sections to lay. I am just preparing the tounge and groove floor at the moment. Tidying this up by making it all smooth as possible, and no creaks using screws.

There is no skirting in the Bathroom, just tiles to floor.

- When laying the plywood down, do I need to leave any expansion gap at walls? Bare in mind no skirting.

- Do I need to leave any gap between the two sections?

- If so, how do i finish this off smoothly?

- Do I need to put anything on it, or can I just put Vinyl down on to it once it is all nailed down?

- For cuts around toilet and pedastal, what do you recommend to finish off nice smooth finish to the ceramic?

I am planning on just using strong double sided tape for the Vinyl and stick around the edges as the floor is quite small. Also the bathroom will get maybe renovated in many 5 years or so, so the Vinyl is not going in for lifetime...

Thanks !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back