Bathroom Project - Tile the entire wall or not??!!!??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guy's,

I'm pretty new to this forum malarkey, so here goes!!

I am totally refitting my bathroom, new bath, basic, WC etc. Now the question I have is, do I tile the entire wall before fitting the bath tub or do I fit the bath tub first and tile up to it??? It is a corner bath, so will only be tiling on two walls. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance

/C

Sponsored Links
I generally place bath in location, mark out by pencil the bath edge on wall.
Then take bath out of way, set out my tile plan on wall, batten out one row above bath. Then tile above battens, therefore reducing the chance of damaging bath during tiling process. The batten can be removed when tiles are set to wall. Then fix bath in position and finish of tiling around bath edge.
Remember the bath can more about 5-10mm when full of water. So I generally 2/3 fill bath with water when doing last row of tiles.

Also when tiling, you should ideally mark out your wall centre and then decide whether to tile a full tile or mid tile from centre line. Choosing the right option will reduce awkward cuts and unsightly slither tiles.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back