bathroom pull cord broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our pull cord switch was struggling so i decided to cut the cord and re-tie it but obviously it went wrong and the cord came out of its hole and we had to unscrew the whole thing from the ceiling and when we got to the inside of the box, the actual switch mechanism came apart (4 pieces) and we don't know how to put it back together. have tried to just find a replacement for the whole thing but can't find the same size/system (it screws onto the ceiling bit) so far...and we can't change the whole thing coz we're renting...anyone knows how to put the bits back together? i've got a black piece of plastic with 2 holes amongst other things, a little spring, a metal bit that seems to make the contact and a white plastic thing with bits sticking out of it...anyone with a diagramm of this welcome! thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links
Sounds to me like you are going to need an electrician to replace it. Don't attempt to reassemble it with the power on.
Contact your landlord to arrange a maintenance visit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back