Bathroom Pull Cord Switch (HELP!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cord snapped on the bathroom pull cord switch so I thought it would be a simple task reattaching it. On unscrewing the cover, springs and bars and plastics bits shot out all over the place. Does anyone have a diagram of how it should look inside?!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Even if you have managed to find all of the bits, you'll have to remove the switch to reassemble it.

A new switch is less than a fiver - just replace it.

Remember to isolate the lighting circuit before you take the cover off the switch!

too late

On unscrewing the cover, springs and bars and plastics bits shot out all over the place.

Sponsored Links
im not suggesting you repair the switch take others advice and buy a new one but inside it works on a cam basis where one set of contacts revolves at 90 degrees to the other on each pull of the cord making then breaking
you should have a spring, small ball bearing, the contact arm and screws that hold it all together.

I'm not suggesting you repair it, but this it how it works..... :LOL:

OK clever clogs :LOL: It was purely mentioned on an interest basis, I've replaced the cord several times before in a pull cord at home on the basis that:
1/. although i am loathe to alter anything from the manufacturers specification i had to do it out of necessity as i was unable to get the same size and style as the original
2/. I knew what i was doing
I don't think it would persuade the author to attempt the repair as it sounds like sibath has lost some of the parts anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back