Bathroom PVC wall covering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice. I'm just about to start decorating the bathroom in my flat and the walls at the bath and sink are currently painted which is starting to crack with the water splashing against it etc.

A few years ago my mum had a walk in shower installed in her house by the council and the walls were covered by PVC tile effect panels. I've had a look on eBay for these and all I can seem to find is cladding type material. From what I can remember the material in my mum's bathroom were full height and had no obvious joins. I'm looking to get these, if possible, for my bathroom.

Sorry if this isn't much help but any info would be appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Tilepanel comes in sheets up to 8x4. I've seen them used in walk in showers, and they look pretty good, but not sure if they are the kind of thing you mean. You are unlikely to find them in any of the DIY stores but maybe independent bathroom and tiling retailers will stock, or have access to them (or similar). Otherwise, you'll have to order online.

http://www.abbuildingproducts.co.uk/tilepanel-sheets-c-3027.php

That's great! Just what i'm looking for.

Is it easy enough to install things like shower curtain rails and shower head risers etc on top of the panels?

It's just stuck to the wall with a grab adhesive and, as long as the corners and any joints are well sealed, it will last for years. The manufacturers will probably recommend an adhesive somewhere on their site.
You can drill through it easily, as it's only a few mm thick, allowing you to fix accessories directly into the wall behind.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back