Preparation for internal PVC cladding.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I apologise if i have posted in the wrong forum but i thought the preperation of tiling in the bathroom and the internal cladding would be very similar.

Im currently planning to take off all the tiles in my mums bathroom and put up PVC cladding up. I know I could put the cladding over the tiles but the mother wants the tiles off (she has to be difficult).

I have a problem as there is a gap at the tap end of the bath and once the tiles are off will be around 1 inch. There is also a 1/2 inch gap at the other end (shower side) of the bath.

The sealing round the bath is terrible at the minute with PVC trim and silicone everywhere! So when I do this work I want to tidy it up.

When the tiles are off im planning on pulling the bath either way to leave a gap ONLY at one end. But this gap will be around 1 1/2 inches.

I have been advised the best thing to do would be to batten the wall out so there is no gap and the cladding sits flush on the bath. I just wanted to know if this is the best option before i go ahead?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Sponsored Links
Perhaps post pics of the bathroom and proposed cladding - plus name and make of cladding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back