Bathroom quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've had two quotes,one of 2500 and one for 2300 to re-fit the Bathroom,people are telling me I should only be paying approximately a grand for labour.

Now I have no idea if the prices quoted are expensive?

The 2300 quote involves removing the old suite,removing the timber which is on the walls,removing the false ceiling and fluorescent light that's up there,boarding over the polystyrene tiles on the ceiling,plastering the whole room.

Then tiling the floor and all the walls,fitting a heated towel radiator and LED lights in the ceiling.

He supplies the floor adhesive but we have to buy the grout.

The room measures approx 3m by 2m

Thank you for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Can't see it can't quote it.

£2.5k is not a lot for a bathroom renovation.

Who is telling you the labour should only be 1k (and do they have experience of doing work like this and have they surveyed the job)?

Asking on another forum and people said I was paying too much given how much they'd paid for their bathroom renovations,although I think mine entails a lot more work.

The first quote for 2500 was from the guy who fixes my boiler,he didn't even look at the job,he said I do so many I can tell you without looking at it,which I thought was odd.

When the other guy came round I opened my big mouth and said how much he'd quoted and I didn't mean to,so I wondered if he said 2300 just to come in under his quote!

Sponsored Links

eh?? You supply the cement I'll supply the sand. You supply the nuts I'll supply the bolts.

What a strange agreement. :confused:

eh?? You supply the cement I'll supply the sand. You supply the nuts I'll supply the bolts.

What a strange agreement. :confused:

I wondered if it goes off or something and people have different colours etc so if the customer buys it it saves him storing loads of different types etc

I asked about grout on another thread as I don't know which is a good one to buy :unsure:

I would say 1000 is a fair price for a bathroom, fit, tile, connect, finish inc all parts exc tiles and suite.
Any other stuff ie stripping, plastering, ceilings would be extra, and increase by the persons involved daily rate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back