bathroom re-vamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to re-do my bathroom as it is not very user friendly towards me at the moment.. ( I'm a big guy.. )

1. the existing bath is acrylic and creaks like a couple of pigs mating whenever i get in it to shower..

i only take showers so it's gonna come out and a shower put back in..

2. the toilet is too close to the wall meaning i have to sit at a slight angle.. not very comfy..

3. the radiator is right next to the toilet adding to the sitting at an angle problem not to mention the freezing cold or scalding hot on my leg ( which requires the strategic positioning of a towel before sitting.. )

4. the sink makes moving the toilet over a problem..

SO, here are my hoped solutions..

the sink will be moved to the other wall which the door opens on to. there is a 450mm gap behind the door when open at right angles..

the radiator which is currently on this wall will be moved to the wall the door is on, behind the door ( so i need a 400 wide towel rail or 300 wide regular radiator to allow for the valves.. )

the toilet will be moved over to a reasonable distance from the wall ( 500mm to center sounds good to me.. ).
or it may be changed for a corner unit..

the bath will then be replaced with a shower stall of equal size or maybe larger if space allows.. ( last thing anyone wants is cold glass on wet bum when picking up the soap... )

while everything is out, i will have the concrete floor levelled as it has major dip at one corner and minor dips all over..

Sponsored Links
a average bath in canada is 30 x 60in. if your taking yours out have you considered an angle shower stall and use the remainder of space for the rad or something like a towel cabinet 6ft high.

what is your demensions of the bathroom mine is 5ft. wide x 11ft. long and I too am preparing to gut and rebuild. Tub to full build my own shower. cost so far estimate at $5000.00 or about 2200.00P

Sponsored Links
picture would be good so we can take a look how its arranged now.

I love re fitting little bathrooms :)

crazycanuck said:
what is your demensions of the bathroom mine is 5ft. wide x 11ft. long and I too am preparing to gut and rebuild. Tub to full build my own shower. cost so far estimate at $5000.00 or about 2200.00P

Have you considered a custom built stainless steel shower tray to fit between the joists ? Ours was made to my drawings by a company that makes stainless steel equipment for the food industry. Could be very low cost and exact fit to your requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back