Bathroom Refit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of sourcing kit to refit our bathroom.

I have a couple of questions:

- We want to swap the toilet and sink units around, this will increase the amount of waste pipework required. I was wondering if I could get the sink waste to empty directly into the toilet waste pipe and if so, are there any disadvantages to doing this?

- I'm hoping to get a low level shower tray, can I put the waste pipes under the floorboards, there is space! I know that I will need to drop/move the entry to the waste stack and cover the existing entry point.

Any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
The new toilet waste will be 1.6m, the existing toilet waste is 1m.

Can you foresee any problems with that?

As long as you maintain the fall (ideally 70mm across your 1.6m run) you'll be fine

Sponsored Links
From the description it sounds like you are having the basin positioned between the pan and the stack/4" outlet from bathroom...

If you are using bathroom furniture cabinets to house your pan and basin then the 4" soil from the pan may well interfere with the basin carcass, to maintain the fall. Depending on the height, above floor, at which soil exits bathroom. This often means a lot of 'butchering' of furniture units and you may well have to lose some of the internal storage of basin unit,

If this is the case in your situation and you have an external stack, with joists running in a favourable direction; it would be better to drop the soil into the floor cavity and lower the branch on the soil stack for the 4" soil, with a boss to take the waste from the shower also. Then everything can be lowered making the rest of the fit out easy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back