Bathroom refurb . Are Jackoboards good?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stripping very old bathroom back to brick - had thick plaster and tiles on 2 walls, and tiles plasterboards on battens on external walls.

My plan is to insulate the external wall with kingspan, hopefully using 2400mm board, to make it easier to get a level finish. For the internal walls, I have just found Jackoboards that come 2400x600mm, so I can run those almost floor to ceiling. Although on one old wall, I might put battens back and board onto that, as there are pipes and electrics there.

https://www.ctdtrade.co.uk/preparat...00x6mm-jackon-tile-backer-insulation-board#ns

Is this a good option.

State of room at the moment:

Was an external wall (before extension):
IMG_20211013_174404327.jpg

Internal wall
IMG_20211013_174352288.jpg

External wall, halfway there ...
IMG_20211013_174356410.jpg

Does this sound like the best approach?

The window is going to be reduced in height and moved to the external side of the wall.

Room is old and damp, so that's why I am stripping back to brick - want to start afresh!

Judging by the copy of the Sun that was shoved in a hole, it was last done in 1982 (didn't they have expanding foam then?! :) ).

IMG_20211012_113113445.jpg

Sponsored Links
New window position needs strong boys and lintel and some work from outside. Making goodd the old window opening will also need outside work. The Jackoboards you show will be as good as any other boards but they will not be as easy to fit flat and plumb and square at corners as you might imagine.
All bathroom electrics needs a qualified sparky. A must.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back