Bathroom refurb

The solicitor said that he'd get an architect out to survey the work (pass me a saw to remove an arm and a leg!!!) so that's what we'll do.

The wetwall is MDF backed I believe and it's stuck on the wall with - wait for it - silicone. The wall is brick and plaster.

Never thought of building control. Will go and look at the council website to see if that's what it's called and get a number for them.

Thank you.

Maybe this time next year I'll have a dry bathroom!

Sponsored Links
UPDATE!!!!!

After 5 months of a wet bathroom floor, at long last, the project manager sees what I've been trying to tell him from day 1 - that the tray hasn't been installed properly.

A new tray and new wetwall panelling is on order as we speak and once that comes in, the entire enclosure, wet wall and tray will be getting removed and refitted - properly!

And all it took was a visit from Trading Standards!!!!

So I saved a hefty sum on solicitors fees.

Maybe I'm counting my chickens, but I feel confident that they'll make sure that it's done properly - cos if it's not, I'll be the bane of their lives till it is done properly.

Hoorah - looks like a result is imminent. You've been a model of perserverance and patience. Keep us appraised!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back