Bathroom sink wastes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I’m sure it’s and easy answer but I would like some clarity from someone in the know.

My bathroom and en-suite sinks were plumbed into a horizontal run of soil pipe going to the wc. Each one was bossed into the horizontal run with strap on bosses.

I am renewing the soil pipe under the floor and want to do away with the 2x bosses. There is only space for 1x boss on the vertical stack due to the soil pipe being boxed in. So my question is can I run 1x 40mm from the vertical and tee in the first sink and then run onto the 2nd sink. The 2 sinks have 32mm traps so 32mm pipes to the joined 40mm

Would this be ok or will I have problems??

I just don’t want to boss into the side of the horizontal run of soil pipe

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Kitchen's have sinks, bathroom's have basins. ;)

As long as the runs dont exceed the max allowed by the regs, it should be fine. I'd fit anti vac traps to help prevent one basin from pulling the trap in the other when the waste starts to gunge up a bit in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back