bathroom soil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single story flat roof extension with an in floor soil to the sewer manhole (about 20 inches away from outside wall)

I want to replace toilet with a nice shiny new back to wall one so need to move soil. Putting in a stack would also neaten up all grey wastes which currently run to outside drain.

Questions:
1) can i hook up plastic soil to existing ceramic pipe in floor (would need 90deg horizontal bend)? This would save having to fit things in the tight space externally and no messing with manhole.

2) What are my venting options? Current pipe has two outlets in manhole and I believe top one is for venting?

3) If I have to go external can I use an air inlet at the top of a short vent pipe or do I have to run pipe a long way to get it's hight above nearest second storey window [long run along extension and up wall :( ]

any suggestions would be welcome

Sponsored Links
Ask Building Control at your council for advice as they will have to inspect any drainage alterations. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back