Bathroom spotlights

Sponsored Links
The lights I linked to require a 75mm hole. Insulation can be laid across them without needing your hats. They also have separate in/out terminals.

Thanks again. Yep, saw diameter was 3”. I’ll check my holes tomorrow. I also see cables can be inserted without being stripped. Is that what you meant by “hats”?

I guess my biggest concern, and what I was alluding to in previous post, was whether I could locate and then disconnect any transformers from below? It’s going to be a devil of a job removing insulation, “plant pots” etc, then wiring while lying precariously in semi darkness.

Thanks again.

Thanks again. Yep, saw diameter was 3”. I’ll check my holes tomorrow. I also see cables can be inserted without being stripped. Is that what you meant by “hats”?

I guess my biggest concern, and what I was alluding to in previous post, was whether I could locate and then disconnect any transformers from below? It’s going to be a devil of a job removing insulation, “plant pots” etc, then wiring while lying precariously in semi darkness.

Thanks again.

Sorry if this was “bleeding obvious”. Was a genuine question about scope to access all the old connections from below.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
It's not actually "bleeding obvious". It is impossible to say on a forum as we have no idea how it was installed.

Point taken. Thanks. I still have the number of spark who installed many moons ago (15 years), when we had our bathroom done. If he’s still working, he’ll no doubt sort, and is a decent guy. Just don’t want to fork out when I can probably replace them myself. Will have another ponder.

“Evening All”

Update. Got my protective mask on and decided to move away loft insulation so I could get better vista of light configuration. Gist is my former spark is still alive and coming around to replace the halogens and transformers with LEDs.

However he isn’t available for two weeks. Wouldn’t be a problem, but.. In moving the insulation I disconnected some of the halogens from their connectors. Rectified that, but last light in circuit had different connection. (Attached) Is the bulb holder meant to connect to anything? Being thick but couldn’t see how halogen was connected, when I removed the retaining clip.

Only other thing is my “in line extractor fan”. Guy will probably replace when he comes up, but it now makes a racket when light switched on. (Comes on with lights and stays on for 5 mins) Would that be because the end isn’t wedged into the eaves? (Think that was way it was set up?)

Thanks

85726860-D2F4-4DED-A103-F54601C5B13C.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back