Bathroom suite and tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are in desperate need to get a new bathroom suite, shower too!
we have a large bathroom, extension size 12ft x 9ft

My first question

places to stay away from for bathroom suites (was thinking of a metal bath to incude shower enclosure)

if i tile it would cost me a fortune, unless I just tile 2 walls, I have seen those plastic sheets, are they worth it?

ps, how much do you reckon for replacing 3 piece bathroom suite, take old one out and put a new one in the swansea area.

Sponsored Links
Depends on how much alteration to pipe work and waste would need doing.
I don't live near Swansea so could not say what sort of price you would expect from a bathroom fitter.
For a standard straight swap in my area it would be something around the £350-500 mark.
That does not include removing or replacing any tiles or fitting a new shower.
But there is nearly always alterations to make to existing pipe work, fitting of service valves, realigning waste, pan connector issues.
Then who is taking responsibility for disposing of old suite and any waste.

Sponsored Links
i know someone who has had the plstic sheeting in their bathroom. it looks ok , i personally would not use it but the f,,king cost was not cheap,not much cheaper than tiling in fact, but just less mess

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back