bathroom switches inside or out.?

Odd Job said:
As for the fan i do have a window that opens. :idea:
Wha'evaah.

vicky_pollard.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Of course I know what it meant - that's why I was able to correct your appalling grammar.

Odd Job said:
walk in door, bath on the left , 9 inch from doorway.

taps at far end of bath and so is wall. ( wall at top of bath and wall at bottom of bath)
next to bath sink, then cistern literaly side by side. and above that is the window.

right wall as you walk in as door opens outwards, cabinet on wall and toilet in corner.

behind you is door way.

Shower pully was above bath left side of doorway.
Light pully was out of bath area and in the 9 inch cieling between door frame and shower pull.
Sounds very familar (but wrong way round) - given your location it's not a 1980's Wimpey 3 bed is it?

How much space between the hinge and the right hand wall? Ours is 6in and that's where I put the shower pull cord.

Hiya sorry I couldn't reply had computer problems.

My hinges are actually on the frame of the door which is against the wall.

The problem is sorted now the light is going on a sensor the shower is out side and the fan may be on a seperate pully but the house is being rewired so all of it can be sorted to any spec.

thank you for all the polite replies :)

OJ

Odd Job said:
but you understood what it meant so really your just being pedantic, :p

Didn't you mean, "really you're just being pedantic," ?

If thats the way you like it then yeap thank you for the adjustment, if i am different from you then its possibly we have walked a different route in life.

No big deal really, although my education was very limited, i still prefer to have the extra ability to accept people without judgment.

No problem with that, but you may prefer to keep away from the plumbers' forum :LOL:

One ex-regular had an ingenious solution in his bathroom. The shower switch controlled the shower, but also a contactor which triggered a bathroom fan on the lighting circuit.

Haven't come across this before . I assume the control wire is fused down somewhere so that means one more box on the wall? Just asking.... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back