Bathroom tap/shower attachment not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old fashion style brass mixer tap in the bath which has a lever that when turned stops the water coming out the tap and instead comes out of an attached showerhead. For some reason, now when I turn the lever, nothing comes out the showerhead..Its not new...does something need re-newing/adjusting. Thanks very much

Sponsored Links
the lever that you move is faulty in side worn or broke.
you can take the lever off and strip it down to see whats happened.

i am not an expert or plumber, but as seco services has just said, obviously the lever is faulty, maybe split inside or crud has stopped it working properley over the years.

you can buy new bath/shower mixers from £30 upwards from most diy stores. i saw them last week as a matter of fact... so might be worth replacing rather than trying to repair/fix. if it is even possible to fix.

good luck.

Sponsored Links
disconnect the hose at the tap end and then try the lever,my moneys on that the internal plastic tube of the hose has twisted and stopping water flow to the showerhead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back