Bathroom taps choice and water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing a bathroom refurb and need new taps. I know having a combi boiler usually means going for taps made for high pressure, but I have a shared water main with a neighbour so the pressure can drop a fair bit at times.
Will I be better off going for taps that say suitable for all pressures?
Bristan taps seem to be mostly this way ...
Also why make taps suitable only for high pressure if they can be made for all pressures?, surely they're just cutting off part of the market unnecessarily

Sponsored Links
If you have mains pressure hot and cold then you should go with the appropriate taps. You only need low pressure taps for gravity fed systems as these are often less than 3m and won’t get anywhere near the 1bar needed (about 30ft). Even with a shared main, you will have enough pressure (assuming the right checks were done for your boiler install).

cheers for the reply, unfortunately I don't know whether the right checks were done ...... is there an easy/accurate way to test the pressure of hot water from the boiler?

Sponsored Links
If you have an outside tap you can measure how much water you can get in a bucket in half a minute. Most combis require 10ltrs p/m or more. Your boiler will need more pressure than the minimum for high pressure taps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back