Low Pressure Bathroom Basin Mixer Tap

D

Deleted2797112

My elderly mother chose this tap:

http://www.bristan.com/WebRoot/BristanNewDB/Shops/Bristan/Products/WEB_DATA-1116151-1-D4-1.PDF

from the Bristan catalogue for her new bathroom. The chap doing the plan then said it needed a low pressure tap. In a plumber's merchant showroom they said her choice wasn't available in a low pressure version and they only had two suitable taps neither of which she liked. The min pressure rating of the tap she liked is 0.3 bar. She has a single instant hot water system which feeds the bathroom and the kitchen basins. Is the tap she chose likely to operate adequately with her set-up?

Thanks in advance, as always!

Sponsored Links
Depends on her mains pressure really. She has in effect mains hot water but depending on the size of the instantaneous water heater dictates on how much hot water a minute she'll get.

Thanks Rob. I'll be there on Wed and get the details off the heater then and post them up. Thanks again - I'd like her to be able to get what she chooses if at all possible but not at the expense of functionality!

Depends on her mains pressure really. She has in effect mains hot water but depending on the size of the instantaneous water heater dictates on how much hot water a minute she'll get.

I had a look yesterday and she has a Redring Powerstream Eco the spec for which suggests between 3 and 6 litres per minute depending on the mains temperature and which setting is chosen. It's one of these - there's nothing on the casing to indicate which of the kw versions it is and the manual covers both versions:

https://www.redring.co.uk/catalogue/water-heating/instantaneous-water-heaters/powerstream-eco/

Sponsored Links
OK then, as long as her mans pressure is higher than 0.3bar then her tap should work fine. Flow will be limited to the instantaneous heater output of course and water temp, like an electric shower basically flow will get less in the winter when the mean mains temp drops.
The rating will be on a data badge somewhere on the unit.

Thanks Rob, that's really helpful and my old Mum will be so pleased!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back