reducing the pressure for a bathroom mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok here is the issue

had a new bathroom fitted and the basin has a bristan mixer tap. the tap works fine but when the tap is opened fully the water hits the basin and splatters everywhere. Is there a way to restrict the flow/pressure to the tap so that this does not happen?

being heavy handed every time i seem to touch the tap i open it up fully and is making a right mess!!

Sponsored Links
thought that. would that create pressure in the valve or would that have any other side affects?

oops, delete - thought xr had left the building. Didn't mean to stand on your toes :oops:

Sponsored Links
tried closing the valves off a bit but made a right noise. will look for alternative ideas!

take out the cheap iso valve you have and fit a full bore good quality one, i have the same issue at my house and i've closed the valve about 70% and no noise what so ever, you could even use the olives and nuts that are there so just change the body,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back