Quick reply needed: bath tap pressure query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Hate to be so demanding, but I am about to order an entire bathroom suite, and I need to pin down the tap options sharpish to book a delivery slot.

We live in a bungalow. We have a cold water tank in the loft, and a hot water cylinder at ground-floor level.

Am I correct to assume that this will not give us a pressure rating to boast of? The bath tap we like most is a tap/shower fitment mixer, but has a recommended minimum pressure rating of 1.0 bar.

I don't know how to measure pressure, but am I right in thinking that this tap is only suitable in a high-pressure environment, and is unlikely to be suitable in a set-up like ours?

And, as an aside, just what kind of set-up is required to give a 1.0-bar tap pressure?

Sponsored Links
I think one bar is approx 10m head if memory still working :rolleyes: In your case this would mean you will have appox 0.3 bar at hot taps :rolleyes:

You need to make sure you buy low pressure taps. A lot of these fancy looking new ones are foreign rubbish that are designed only to work on mains pressure systems, eg,megaflo's etc

It's not cheap stuff. Well, I hope it's not --- it's Kohler.

But there is a similar tap without the shower attachment with a recommended rating of 0.2 bar, so I think I'll have to go with that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back