Bathroom tile removal issue...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had some bathroom tiles installed, needless to say I was not happy with the outcome and stopped the work.

The problem is that they installed them via dot-dab on the wall, it was not a great outcome. The tiles have started to come away at the far end you can hear if push that they knock very slightly (around 2-3mm movement).

I need to remove them and have someone properly install them.

However, I want to try and keep them intact when I remove them so they can be reused and installed.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to remove them while keeping them intact.

They are very thick tiles, 15mm limestone, 600x300 with a 2mm grout line.

Sponsored Links
if theyre loose like you say they should pop off if you can get a scraper behind them.

They are loose at one end but right at the other that is accessible.

I was also worried if they would all fall off and where is best to start?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 280
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 297
Difficult to tell from the pictures but would get something behind the loose end and once one tile is out work your way across.
Did they dot and dab because the wall isn’t straight?

Sponsored Links
Difficult to tell from the pictures but would get something behind the loose end and once one tile is out work your way across.
Did they dot and dab because the wall isn’t straight?

I'll try and get something flat and long, I was also thinking of using a glazing/glass suction pad to hold on to the tile as they are very thick and heavy.

I am not sure why they dot/dabbed them, but the problem I can only assume that because they are not bedded correctly it is causing them to move. Inside the stud is a toilet frame, so I can only think that when someone uses the toilet then being wood you will get some movement from the wall hung toilet and this has caused them to come unstuck in the corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back