Removal of tile in a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am to get a double glazing company to replace a complete bathroom window frame my worry is that the tiles (large tiles round the edges of the frame my get damage by the installers. I would like to CAREFULLY remove these myself. I there a solution that can soften the grout ? Also what is the best DIY tool that I can use to carefully lever underneath the tile to remove them luckily these tiles are quite thick ( I have no spares and the bathroom is tiles from floor to ceiling) many thanks John

Sponsored Links
Highly unlikely to remove most tiles intact, window replacement may damage tiles , replacement usually only option unless minor damage can be hidden with a trim.

Thanks I will try and explain to take out the frame from the outside: luckily the bathroom is at ground lever
As you quite rightly say damaged tiles will need to have a trim fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back