grout on floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any experience .......... I grouted my new bathroom tiles yesterday and as careful as I was, the grout got into the tiny pits and holes in the black tiles. It didn't show until it had dried but now the light grey grout is all over the tiles.

I have tried to wash and scrub each tile without success and have even tried a scourer.

Can anyone suggest a solution. I was thinking of using a brass brush like you use on suede shoes. I am frightened of damaging the glaze.

Sponsored Links
I spent ages rubbing mine down with wire wool, worked but also took away the skin on my fingers :D

Sponsored Links
just wondered how you got on in the end
also the tiles arnt qrock tiles from topss are they?
and was it with black grout?
i ask this becase next week im tiling my bathroom and my tiles sound simular and i was worried about the same problem

cheers

Haven't tried yet. No, the tile were not those you quoted and it was light grey grout which looks very light in the middle of a dark grey tile!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back