Bathroom tiles discoloured by Viakal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3A4714D4-1B84-4DDD-9A01-DB9205AD5D33.jpeg
DC7315C4-8FE7-4D49-B933-17475AAD2946.jpeg
Hi

Had a blitz on bathroom yesterday. (Sink, toilet, floor et) Used viakal, and worked wonders on porcelain. Followed on with bathroom tiles today, and now have indelible blue stain on a few tiles. Weird that it happened so quickly, and only affecting a few tiles.

I think I’m stymied, but wondered if there was cleaner that would remove without damaging tiles?

Ta

Sponsored Links
Hi,

What are your tiles made from?
The instructions for the Viakal say not to use on natural stone. I can't quite tell from the photos if that's what you have.

Apart from that, a main claim on the instructions is that it is 'Safe on your surfaces'!

It may be worth getting in touch with the company to see if they have a recommendation. There may also be the chance of some recompense, if you followed their instructions to the letter?

The only other suggestion I can think of is to try something like CIF (on a small inconspicuous area, and following the instructions, of course! ;)), and see if that makes a difference?

Thanks. Had the tiles with the new bathroom about 20 years ago. No idea exactly what they’re made off. Tried cig, but no joy. It’s really weird that it has only affected those three tiles, when I applied it just about everywhere. I also assumed it was ok as worked great on sink and toilet. Will contact them and see what they say. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back