bathroom tiling issue, some help and advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am about to tile my bathroom and toilet but i'm unsure on how to prepare the area?
I have given some advice from a decorator who has said that i should firstly lay down some plywood as the base because the tiles find it hard to stick to traditional floor boards. Can some body confirm this theory or better still give me some new advice etc..

Any help appreciated

Shab

Sponsored Links
assuming it is the floor you are tiling, you decorator friend didn't get it quite right (unless you didn't mention it)

You should put down plywood on the floor and screw it down every 6 inches, the reason is that floorborads will move, not that the tiles wont stick to it, they will, but you must eliminate all floor board movement hence the plywood. to cover all bases, flexible adhesive is a good idea too

Hello

Thank you for the reply
Yes it was for floor tiling and the plywood thing makes sense now

How thick of plywood do i need to use and also he mentioned that i should stick to the rough side of the plywood

Also do you have any hints and tips to go round the toilet area. Should i cut around or raise the toilet and then bring the toilet back down on the tiles?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back