New Bathroom Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am in the process of changing my bathroom floor. Currently the bathroom has ceramic tiles laid on dollops (?) of mixture (possibly some kind of tile adhesive stuff, i'm no expert!) with underfloor heating under this. It was done before we moved in and I think it wasn't done very well. Over the years the tiles have moved slightly leading to cracked grout and then a couple of cracked tiles.

My plan is to take up the tiles and lay marine plywood and then use vinyl tiles on top. We won't be using the underfloor heating as it was never very good and the vinyl tiles won't be as cold. I have never done anything like this before but do a lot of DIY round the house.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this and does this sound ok. I can take some pictures if that helps as I have taken up a couple of tiles to look underneath.

Also, does laying the plywood on the 'dollops' under the tiles seem ok. They are level so I feel that would be easier then having to scrape all that off and then maybe using a levelling compound to smooth it all out.

Any thoughts or advice would be great.

Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back