Bathroom tv help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got a bathroom tv and maybe being really daft here but plugged in switched on and now looking at the wires hanging out the bottom.
Hdmi/USB etc etc and a cable labeled rf in, yet the connector itself is an rf out?
How the hell do I connect a tv Ariel to it if the connector on the tv is male
Not female??? I'm lost on this one [/url]

Sponsored Links
Ariel is a brand of washing powder - especially when spelt with a capital letter.

I don't fully understand your question but female TV aerial plugs are available, as are male-female adapters.

The aerial socket on a UK TV is invariably female IEC type.

Haha!! Sorry damn auto complete on iphone, but you know what I meant!
To keep things simple here, its a bathroom tv and the connector on the unit for the you would expect to plug in an external aerial is a rf out so I can't plug the aerial into the tv as there is nothing to plug into.

rtfm? they normally have a diagram showing how to connect it up, post the make/model to take us away from guesswork.

Sponsored Links
Can't find a manual, can you post a photo of the connections on the back?

Yes but not until tonight as I'm at work!! Darn. Will put one up later if your around please take a look as would appreciate the help with this.

The specification lists inputs:
HDMI,USB,TV Aerial,AV,VGA.

So eliminate HDMI,USB,AV,VGA and the one that's left is TV Aerial.

Sam, all those you have listed are outputs NOT inputs including the rf aerial lead.. Happy to post up picture later, they are all outputs on wires that hand from the bottom of the sealed waterproof tv unit

Because they are all outputs, not inputs.
Simply put the tv leads are all like plugs and they need to go into a socket just like a plug goes into a wall socket. So there aren't any holes in the tv unit to plug IN to?
I can only believe what is in from of my eyes and the leads built into the tv all want to plug into something rather than something plug into them!

Think I've sorted it, called maplins and said I need a converter for it to convert from make to female connection

Think I've sorted it, called maplins and said I need a converter for it to convert from make to female connection

WTF?? He told you that in the very first post!

...female TV aerial plugs are available, as are male-female adapters.

Also, despite what you think your connections on the are inputs.

Think about it. You bought a TV to go in a hot and moisture-laden environment. Do you not think it's sensible for the manufacturer to make the TV sealed against moisture? So, how are they going to do that if there's a bunch of exposed sockets on the back of the TV?

They put them on extension cables to you can put all the connections inside a moisture proof box and then seal up the cable entries with some silicone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back