Bathroom Vent Fan Position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is in the correct forum, but not getting any comments form the electric forum and it is kind of water related :confused: .....

I am installing a new bathroom suite in a pretty small room (1.5m x 2mish) which has a lowered false ceiling. I wish to install a ventilation fan to help clear the mist when showering but am unsure on the best position. My options seem to be:
1. Install in the ceiling (above the shower bath?) to maximise steam removal at source and vent it through the ceiling void (18inches depth) and into the loft space - not overly keen on this due to putting damp air into loft and seems abit of a botch job.
2. Install at some point in the ceiling (not necessarily over the shower bath), across the ceiling void and create a hole in an exterior wall and make good - seems like the belt and braces approach but considerable effort
3. Install in the glass of the window - only a shortish solution as intend to replace old single glazed unit with DG in 2-3 years.
4. Leave as is and just open the window when showering.

Can anybody give me any advice please?

Sponsored Links
You answered your own question the only real option is to go out through the wall or roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back