Bathroom Ventilation Regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have two bathrooms upstairs with two inline extractors in the loft. Ducting from each fan to eternal wall (2 and 3 metres) with a 'Y' junction just before to one duct into one outlet.

BC have told me each fan needs it's own outlet to prevent extracted air being channeled back toward the other fan.

I have read Approved Doc. 'F' but cannot find anything to assist disputing or confirming this.

Has anyone any idea where to find this?

Sponsored Links
in the same way you wont find a reference to setting your house alight or killing your granny
rules and regs are there to fine tune the correct way to do things if they included the improper ideas they would be a rain forest per section :D ;)

Thanks for replying.

I could find plenty of law and regulations relating to those two points. :)

If joining two vent ductings cannot be acceptable one might wonder why 'Y' junctions are manufactured and two electricians have told me they have fitted them without a problem from BC.

you can get all sorts off problems if things go wrong fire smoke routes ??

Sponsored Links
I see the point but another solution might be to use backdraft shutters just before the y junction. I*m having two cores cut now to avoid any diffivulty with BC. (He also told me soil vent pipe opening should be 3 metres from window but i recall regs say 1 metre if within 3 metres so I feel need to verify things now).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back