Bathroom ventilation under the floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a long story but I have a small shower/toilet room which requires ventilating but I have no outside wall or external access via the ceiling...

I have space under the floor and could locate an extractor two thirds of the way up a partition wall which has sufficient space to run flexible ducting down the middle of the partition, then along under the floor for 4 metres and out through the wall just above the damp-course.... Is this an option I should consider ?

Sponsored Links
If you got no choice then it got to be better than nothing.

Is it a possibilty that the warm air will condense in such a long run and you may get problems with trapped water, this could then lead on to possible legionella problems in a warm environement?

I now you said it's a long story but can you tell the layout of your toilet room,1st floor,top floor,roof above etc.

Sponsored Links
masona said:
I now you said it's a long story but can you tell the layout of your toilet room,1st floor,top floor,roof above etc.

It's on the ground floor, there's a depth of about 60 cm between the round and the floor/floorboards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back