Bathroom Vinyl Flooring... Sanitaryware on top of the vinyl? or cut around it?

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Matter of personal choice I suspect. I lay the flooring then fit the sanitary ware if you need to replace later, a Stanley knife around the pan will release it.
Just means you have to be more careful of the flooring whilst working, it makes a soft bed for the pan to sit on in my opinion, particularly where you have a concrete floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. I think I'll put the flooring in first. I was not planning to put the flooring under the bath, but obviously under the bath panel. Just hope there is a little adjustment between the bath and panel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I put our toilet flooring down first, but the architect were using for the extension said always put fitted furniture on the structural floor directly.
I guess either way there's unlikely to be a major disaster, although the toilet isn't even screwed down yet as it's coming out again temporarily soon.

D

Doggit

If you're vinyl layers are good, then it can be done afterwards, but it depends on access around the pan, and at the rear; but whichever way you do it, it's best to apply a bead of silicone around the bottom of the pan, to stop any water grime or whatever accumulating under the rim of the pan.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
If possible, always lay the vinyl sheet or vinyl tile before anything else is fixed or goes down.
It makes the job so much easier.

Sponsored Links