Vinyl flooring on chipboard flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just completed my log cabin flooring and currently have loft board as my sub floor.

i want to lay vinyl flooring on top of this.

what do i need to do in order to complete this job?

How does i secure the vinyl around the edges?

Does vinyl literally just sit on the floor and secured via tape at edges? Is tape suitable on wood?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the loft board nice and flat with no gaps or raised or sunken bits at the edges?

If so lay straight on top , you can either tape or use spray adhesive it's upto you , if it's the cushioned type of vinyl you only need to do the edges (and joins if you have any)

Is the loft board nice and flat with no gaps or raised or sunken bits at the edges?

If so lay straight on top , you can either tape or use spray adhesive it's upto you , if it's the cushioned type of vinyl you only need to do the edges (and joins if you have any)

i left gaps at edges for expansion... maybe ill have to stick to my original idea of laminate?

thanks for info

Sponsored Links
Vinyl over 4m2 should all be glued down so you would need to plywood it 1st. If going laminate look at quickstep impressive. It has hydro seal so you can get it wet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back