Bathroom wall insulation (1939 house)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a bathroom under renovation & wondering about insulation. Its a 1939 house with lath & Plaster walls. I'm possibly taking the lath & plaster off & replacing with moisure resistant Plaster Board.

If I do would it be a good idea to use kingspan or similar on the outside wall (1) or/and the internal walls (3)

Thanks for any help,

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
i wouldnt bother on the external walls ( cavity insulation would be better ) but on the internal studs i normally use rockwool not just for heat insulation but sound too. who wants to hear someone peeing in the next room , or worse

Sorry should have added its a solid Granite house. When I got a wall plaster boarded in the Kitchen the Guys used Kingspan & it was an exterior wall. The problem I see is that the rest of the house is not really insulated just the odd bit in the eves.

Its a one & a half story house and the eves are partially floored with no insulation under them as from the un floored part of the eves you can see right under the floor to the other side (there is a 6-8" gap between ceiling & floor) There is no way of getting to the inside of the roof as there is no loft space just eves.

Maybe I should see what the Council IOnsulation Grant contractor says about this style/age of house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back