Bathroom Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having trouble with what to do with my bathroom. When I moved in I papered it as the walls were not very even and thought it would be easier. Since then i have had a bad condensation problem where the paper has been coming off (it was a quick job to make it presentable at the time). I have tiled around my bath, used polyfilla plaster to scim part of the wall that was just plasterboard (a hallway had been removed some time before I moved in) and removed the paper I put up, but under is like a gloss paint possibly over paper. It wont come off apart from tiny bits at the edges, wont penetrate with steamer even after scoring, the polyfilla I used wont adhere to it either and now I don't know what to do. It is such a mess and I cant afford to keep wasting money for it to stay that way after all my efforts.

Any help with what to do would be greatly appreciated :confused:

Sponsored Links
chez

I think your best option here would be to fill any areas if needed and apply a thinned wallpaper paste, then line the walls and when this is dry you could paint over it with either a Vinyl silk or eggshell finish, one thing to look out for is if there are any patches of mould on your walls you should treat those areas with an anti fungicidal wash before you start.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back