easiest way to remove paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys i have got a house to remove paper from walls and ceilings approximatley 15/20 years old i have to pull off the first layer and then get onto brown backing paper its all the one paper steamer wont remove unless i peel back the finish part of the paper any ideas on whats the fastest way to remove it walls are in good condition and solid

Sponsored Links
It is probably quickest to remove the vinyl top layer first, either that or use a paper scorer to make holes in the paper to allow the steam through.

I would remove the top layer and spray the backing paper (with a pump up sprayer) then use the steamer.

Don't forget to cover any fire alarms otherwise the steam will trip them.

Remove the top layer first, then get a bucket of warm water, add half a cup of fabric conditioner and stir, soak the backing paper several times with a paddle brush or similar, the fabric conditioner really helps in loosening the paste, then strip with a decent broad knife/scraper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back