Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys just looking for a little advice to stop my Bathroom project ending up in the diy disaster section.

I am in the middle on renovating my bathroom and have run into the age old problem of the toilet waste pipe. I have the pipe emerging from the floor where it is too far from the wall to have a close coupled toilet. I have tried using a variety of swan necks and flexi pipes, but none get the toilet any closer than 6 inches away from the wall. If i try to box it in at this distance my small bathroom looks tiny.

The soil stack runs 2ft away from the actual hole on the floor. and is boxed in against the main wall

In the stack there are 2 more connection points at approx 12 and 18 inches off the floor that look approx 1 1/2inch in diameter. but these connection points almost face the wall and either need a pipe with a 45 degree bend after about an inch or the pipe to be rotated.

So, can i use these smaller connections for a toilet waste pipe?
Can i use some sort of bar and rotate the soil stack without any damage?
Can i cut the original waste pipe under the floorboards, plug it and drill my own hole into the stackand fit a connection?

Thanks for any help your guys can give.

Sponsored Links
No, you can't use the smaller boss connections, these are for waste pipes, from showers, baths, basins, etc.

A lot depends on the access to the stack. You may be able to cut out the section where the soil pipe from toilet joins stack, and put in a new wc waste boss. This will allow you to run a new pipe abpve floor to wc. You can join old to new with slip couplings on the stack.

http://www.raygrahams.com/products/91095-soil-pipe-double-socket-slip-coupler-grey-110mm.aspx

I see what you are saying and this is probably a simpler way than me hacking at the actual stack. Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back